Tuesday, February 25, 2020

The Last Week in N'Dotre

WOW what a week, here we go.

We got to get in a lot of work this past week which was kinda the best. We found so many new people, taught old ones, and got to eat Garba with members. Garba is a food they eat here that is my favorite!! It's attieké (cassava that has been made into a cous cous), with fried fish, veggies (LOTS OF PEPPERS), and then sometimes fried plantains. 

We got to work with two members in our branches, Soeur Audrey and Frere Ivan. Pictures coming. We went all over finding and teaching together, it was great.

Then Elder Kadima had malaria, which wasn't very good, so we couldn't work for a while. Yeah, Africa problems.

Anyways, the calls went out and I am transferred. I go to Adzopé, a town not far from here. My new companion is Elder Itua from Nigeria. I hear good things and that it is easy to send pictures there, so we're hoping good things.

Because of that, I gave my last testimony to the branches on Sunday. That was rough. I love these people so much and it is so so hard to leave. Thankfully, I got lots of pictures with the members! These people are so great. If any of you are wondering about going on a mission, DO IT. Yes, it is hard. Yes, there are some "learning" experiences, but I wouldn't change it for the world. To be able to testify to people, share what you know, and meet new people who will change your life is priceless, sunburns or not haha.

This gospel is such a blessing, wherever you are in life. I know that it is true, because I have seen so much blessings in my life. This mission, My family, and all good things in my life are thanks to the Gospel. It brings real joy and real peace from the storms of life. Please continue to stay on the straight and narrow.

Elder Brooks

Notes from our video call:

Elder Itua is the district leader and Jonah will be the junior companion.  They are in the same apartment as the zone leaders.    They will have to travel about 30 minutes to their area.  There are three villages in their area.  Elder Itua arrived in the area mid transfer and has only been working in one of the villages.  Jonah is excited to get working in the other two.
The three villages in the Adzope 6th Branch area. 
Adzope is the town on the bottom left with the other branches.

His new apartment has a piano!!  And air conditioning!  And the elders there haven't had any problems with uploading pictures.

He says the new area is not far from where he is now, but that's in African terms - it's two hours away.

He has loved the changes he's seen in his companion the past few weeks.  Instead of calling people on the phone in the evenings, he has been studying.  Jonah has seen Elder Kadima's testimony grow and they have had more of the Spirit with them.

They made bread with a pizza dough recipe last night.  They don't have an oven, so they put it in a pot over a pot of boiling water to cook it.  It was dense just like the bread his Grandma makes for Sunday dinner.  They ate it with peanut butter, butter, and honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment