Bonjour cher amis et famille!!!
So to start off, I don't know if I said this but I'm the Senior Companion now!! President came to visit last week and we had some interviews and I'm the Senior Companion now! Anyways here's the part about the ultrasound:
I went to the hospital here because I've been having some stomach problems. Pains and weird stuff like that. We went to the hospital on Wednesday, talked with a doctor, and got some tests done. First was taking some blood, super easy. The other was an ultrasound. Wow is it weird. I didn't realize it was an ultrasound until I got into the room and they told me to take off my shirt. I'll spare the details from there. They told us to get the results the next day. Ouch.
We came back on Thursday, picked up the results, and talked with a doctor about them. He said I have an infection from something I ate. Ouch again. He prescribed me some medicine and sent me on my way with images of my stomach that I don't even understand.
We've been resting at the apartment, only leaving to teach a lesson or two because of my health, but on Saturday, we went out for the whole day! And all of our appointments cancelled on us too haha! We found a lot of people and visited some members who graciously fed us garba (attieké, fried fish, and veggies!!! my fav!!) We were exhausted, but it felt so so good. But, on Sunday we had to come back early because my stomach was NOT good.
I got a really good study in once we came back about opposition. We've been having some struggles as a companionship and I thought it would be good to study. I found that when Joseph Smith prayed before the First Vision, Satan had sent darkness to stop him. Joseph later explains that it was because Satan knew the good that was coming. The Restoration of all good was about to come forth and Satan knew that it was going to bring the gospel and joy for the eternities for God's Children.
The good is coming. Satan sends his darkness to stop us, but the good is waiting around the corner, in this life or the next. Through the opposition, we grow stronger and get to have our opportunity to choose again, Christ or Satan. I know that God has His plan for each of us. All follows it. We are put in specific places at specific times for specific reasons and God prepares us for these things before we even know it. There is no shadow of a doubt in my mind that God knows me. That He knows my situation and my desires. It is all according to His plan.
Elder Brooks
Notes from our chat:
The hospital was polyclinque de Farah. It was NICE. There were people there speaking English and it was super weird.
The hospital was polyclinque de Farah. It was NICE. There were people there speaking English and it was super weird.
They have made some progress with obedience in their apartment, but it's still not great. He sometimes gets down about how his mission will be wasted by his companions, but received comfort from reading D&C 122:9, where it says your years will not be diminished.
No comments:
Post a Comment