Tuesday, June 15, 2021

"A mighty change of heart"

This week was a fantastic one!

For starters, we got to attend the baptism of a lady I taught in the Olivenhain ward, named Monica. When I had taught her, she wasn't progressing very well, but while I was serving in Granite Hills, she decided she needed to get baptized and started to progress very rapidly! This past Sunday, she was baptized. Elder Cullimore and I attended because I was giving a musical number, Savior Redeemer of my Soul. I also got to participate in confirming her. The program went great and it was great to see old faces from Olivenhain as well. That whole day was a highlight of my mission. It was a true miracle that she was baptized. 

Monica and I after her baptism

This past week was also our Zone Conference. We focused a lot on situations and role plays with street contacting and with members. Today, June 15th, the state mask mandate is going away. So, our work is changing. We do some Facebook work, but also some street contacting as well. We are working with a hybrid system of missionary work.

Getting lunch at Zone Conference
with a surprise appearance by Pres. Gimenez

We also had interviews with President. There was a point in my interview when President Gimenez remarked that I go home in two months, in the middle of August. He knew the exact date and it was a really funny moment. I am aware of that and doing my best to just enjoy the time I still have left. President Gimenez is a great man. 

Today, we got to go into San Diego and go to an Art Museum at Balboa park and Old Town and go downtown. It was such a fun relaxing P-day for us. 

At Balboa Park with members of our Zone

A statue we found today of San Diego - the actual man!

At Old Town

Elder Cullimore and I in downtown San Diego
getting lunch at Hodad's

Overall, I am grateful for Christ and the knowledge that we have of who He really is and His life. I know He lives. His gospel is a real thing that He commands us to do and when we obey, we are blessed. 

Elder Brooks 

Notes from our video call:

As of today, they are now allowed to eat with members, but not between 5 and 7 pm, since that is prime people finding time.  At Zone Conference, they role played how to respond when a member asks them to come to dinner during that time.  "Elders - I have 12 rib eye steaks.  Can you come over at 5:30?"  They also can do real in-person exchanges starting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment