Tuesday, February 16, 2021

When Four General Authorities speak to you... (don't worry, it's good this time)

Gluten Free Oreos that I used to start conversations on Facebook 😎

I can't fathom that it is P-day again (super typical missionary thing to say, but it's the truth  🤷‍♂️)

We got to see many miracles this past week. We got to start teaching another man, named Matt. He is the friend of a member and so we had a lesson all together. We taught the first lesson about the Restoration of the gospel. Later on, Matt came to church and we read from the Book of Mormon with him afterwards. And, not only that, but we had six total people come to church. We had 4 people in person, and then two watched online! One of them was a lady we had contacted and talked to through Facebook! It is truly amazing to see how the Lord works. 

But probably one of the greatest highlights of my week was being able to hear from an Apostle of the Lord. Elder Stevenson, Bishop Causée, and Elder Whiting spoke to our mission for a couple of hours on Saturday (don't worry, all good things, all good things). They spoke to us about the examples of President and Sister Gimènez, the handbook, the scriptures (especially the Book or Mormon), and PMG. Elder Stevenson said that all we need are those things to guide us in this work. 

Sometimes, I would forget that it was live and not some Missionary Devotional, but then other missionaries from our mission would come on screen and I was really confused before realizing it was live again haha. 

I really enjoyed hearing from them and being able to have that experience. 

That pretty sums up this week! I've been enjoying my time as a missionary here. Elder Stevenson told us that missionary reassignments were done in the same manner that original assignments were done, but revelation. I know that that is true, that I'm right where I am supposed to be, to help these people and serve others here in the great Granite Hills ward. I am so thankful for Christ's Atonement and the blessings that it grants us. I know that we are truly strengthened when we come unto Him and pray for strength.

Elder Brooks

Fish Tacos for dinner!



No comments:

Post a Comment