Monday, November 16, 2020

Rebondissons!

This weeks title is a new word I learned in French. "Rebondir" means "to bounce." So "Rebondissons" means " let's bounce!" Elder Norris and I have been doing lots in French together and so our language skills are starting to improve a lot.

This week has been a crazy spirit filled week. We started off with a great zone conference. It was very focused on improving as missionaries and I learned a lot from the trainings. Elder Norris and I have made lots of changes to be able to make better goals and plans for the area, which has helped us to accomplish more in this past week. Also, San Diego County has been restricted more. For us, it doesn't change much, but we can't have church inside the buildings anymore. Because of this, President Gimenez has asked us to do a prayer every morning again. So, we pray together as a mission for more strength and guidance in the work.

The district after Zone Conference!


Last P-day, we encountered some bashers at Walmart. They tried to tell us that our gospel was different than that in the Bible. But it's the same. Anyways, it got to the point where one of the ladies raised up her hand at me and said, "Come out." I didn't think about it til later, but then I realized that she was trying to cast a devil out of me! I thought it was pretty funny. Elder Norris and I didn't take it all too seriously and laughed about it. I just feel bad for the Walmart employee who was trying to stock the shelves!

For church this past week, our bishop was very determined to have it outside, so we did! And, this week was a Swahili week! There wasn't a lot of members there, but it was still great! Before the meeting, I went to talk to some of the members with the little Swahili I knew. After struggling a little bit, one of the kids asked, "you speak English right?" And then I was instantly roasted in my Swahili skills haha.

The Swahili Sacrament Meeting!


We taught a lesson to our friend, Gusman this past week. He is struggling a little bit with reading the Book of Mormon. We have another lesson with him tonight, and we are hoping to learn how best to help him out. 

The reason I have my P-day today is because we have a General Authority doing a mission tour over zoom these next couple of days. It's going to be Elder Bragg who comes and we are all really excited. Then, next week, President has made our P-day to be on Thanksgiving, so these weeks are all so different and moving fast.

This past week, has been such a great testimony strengthener. I was to write you and let you all know that this gospel is true. One of my favorite parts of each day is to read from the scriptures. I love the Book of Mormon because it brings peace and clearness of mind. Really studying it has brought me inspiration from God and greater direction in what I need to do in my life. I also love sharing this with others. Teaching was very stressful in the MTC, but is now the highlight of my week. Being able to share my testimony has made it stronger and more firm in determination. This gospel really does bring lasting happiness like nothing else can!

At the office for interviews with the President!
Elder Brooks 

Notes from our video call:

The mission conference with Elder Bragg will be done through Zoom with meetings each morning.

San Diego County has moved to the Purple tier for restrictions (the most restrictive).  The only major change for the missionaries is that they can't hold church indoors.  Schools are closing again and restaurants are not open for dining in.

No comments:

Post a Comment