Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Come Unto Jesus

This past week felt like an hour and a year at the same time... Not sure how that works, but it does 😂😂

Last week, we had the miracle to be able to do Zone Conference in person! And it was such a great conference, possibly because it was in person and we got to see real live people! And, I love President Gimenez so much! He just has a cool perspective on things in the gospel and I feel so blessed that he is my mission president.

We talked a lot about using Facebook effectively and using our time effectively as well. We've made a new effort to keep finding those people to teach. Elder Doman and I have been working on talking to more people when we get the chance. We were carpooling with another companionship and they showed us how they talk to the cars next to them at stoplights whenever they drive. Elder Doman and I joke that we could flick pass along cards into other people's cracked windows while driving down the road.

We've also been doing more concentrated messages on Facebook, asking specifically about other people and their views and beliefs or even just what they are interested in. 

We served a bit again! I got to hold a chicken at Sister Leones and we moved a piano at other members in the ward too! 

That crazy chicken at Sister Leones!

Replacing the Elder Quorum and moving a piano!
Los Tacos!  Part 5?

I am constantly amazed at these members and how willing they are to let us into their homes and help us too. Our apartment is still packed with way too much food and once we tried to go out and somebody randomly called in and bought our meal for us while we were ordering. 

I also had a cool experience yesterday. It was a pretty tough day and we faced a lot of rejections in little forms. But it was so weird. I was happy and filled with hope. I can't explain it, because I don't really know how it worked. But, that morning, I decided to study about my divine identity. I felt that I should study that during General Conference and see who I really am. Not some 19 year old dressed up in a shirt and tie biking around Cali, but a son of God. It is such a simple doctrine to understand, but it makes such a difference in our day to day lives. 

When we understand who we are and our purpose, we realize that our only way to achieve that purpose is through Christ. We really aren't more than the dust of the earth. But, with Him we can amount to so much more. With His ways and His teachings, we can progress and change for the better. We can decide if we will choose to be a part of the House of Israel and "let God prevail."

Love you all! Hope you all have the best weeks out there!

Elder Brooks

brooks.jonah@missionary.org 

Eating dinner with the Archibalds on Sunday

Skeleton Horse decoration at one of our member's houses


Notes from our video call:

His area has a lot of rural areas.  He has learned how to open a bale of hay.

The mission has a Social Media Content Team that has video equipment and helps the missionaries take their ideas and turn them into good videos.

He sang a musical number at the Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment