TUESDAY 11/5
Not much today. We had our district meeting and then rested at the apartment because ya know.... Malaria.
WEDNESDAY 11/6
We went out this day and I loved it. We had lots of appointments set up but many fell through. I could feel the hand of the Lord pushing us on though and I was filled with energy. It rained for about a solid two hours. Thankfully, we made it to a members home and read the Liahona magazines with them.
THURSDAY 11/7
We made pancakes this day. I messed up pretty bad haha but Elder Lawrence helped me and they turned out way way way good. We ate them too fast before I could get a picture.
FRIDAY 11/8
We did a lot of walking this day in the hot african sun. I sweat a lot and so everything is just sticky and wet by the end of the day. haha it sounds worse than it actually is.
We found a man who already had a Book of Mormon and had lots of questions about it which was really cool. I was able to help testify of it's truthfulness.
Dinner this night was at one of the Mission Presidency Member's house. Our district got to eat because he lives close to us. He fed us Futu which is one of my new favorite foods. It"s like raw bread dough with a gravy sauce. You don't chew, you just swallow. It's weird, but a comforting food in a weird way.
SATURDAY 11/9
We walked around all day and didn't talk to anyone so it was pretty depressing. We left an hour left and came back two hours early and took an hour break during the day. That was depressing too.
Although, Elder Lawrence bought probably one of my favorite meals so far. It was acheke (?( and fried plantains and hard boiled eggs. I don't know why, but it was comfort food for me.
SUNDAY 11/10
We went to our church meetings and then returned to the apartment and then didn't go out again afterwards. I studied as much as I could, but you can only read the Isaiah chapters in French for so long before your head explodes. We also had two young deacons from a branch eat lunch with us???
Anyways a weird week and I'm trying to do my personal best with what's given, but it's depressing sometimes. I find much strength from reading the Book of Mormon. It is the word of God and we can make our lives better by reading it every day for as long as we can.
Elder Brooks
From his email to family this week:
Disney World was the perfect trip ever for my mission.You wake up, eat breakfast that sometimes you aren't used to, and then walk all day in the hot humid sun. You walk for the attractions and the shows and characters. After the day, you return exhausted and plan for the next day. If you don't plan, the day is basically wasted.
My area is about the same distance as Boardwalk to Hollywood Studios. Sometimes you have an Epcot area that is just right there. Sometimes you have a Magic Kingdom area where you have to ride public transportation for an hour before arriving.
Instead of attractions and shows, it's people. And the reward from teaching is more rewarding than riding a small ride in the dark, sorry.
The food is here is great. We eat chicken a lot but I really actually enjoy it. My new favorite snack is a hard boiled egg. Fish isn't bad and with the right sauce, anything is great. Bananas and plantains are divine and I love it here. Sure it's hot, but the people here and the work is so good.
No comments:
Post a Comment