This is so awesome.
FRIDAY
Elder Roth and I fasted and it worked! We were able to really teach with power that night. The French was getting to be so good, and it had only been a week in the MTC. Totally absurd and such a blessing
SATURDAY
THE TEMPLE HERE IN ACCRA IS SO COOL! We were able to have a session that day and the temple reminds me so much of City Center. It has a lot of wood and beauty in it too. (see attached pictures for proof). So much joy is found in the temple, go if you are able. We get really thrown into class right after and then get boot camped with French all the rest of the day.
| Need I say more? |
SUNDAY
On Sunday, I been to feel inadequate. I felt like I wasn't changing and that I couldn't change. It was all lies and completely false. Because of Jesus Christ's Atonement, we can all change and be better. It was Satan telling me those lies and filling my head with that. We also got to watch the movie "The Testaments" (no manchas) and it was super good and helped me find a greater testimony in Jesus Christ and His sacrifice and love for EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US
| Exhausted from Sunday Meetings. The MTC President walked by during this and thought we were supposed to be in class. It was funny. |
MONDAY
WE GOT TO GO TO THE TEMPLE AGAIN SUCH A BLESSING
I loved it so much. Also more class today. Not too excited
| District Elders at the temple |
We had a devotional from Elder Martinez of the 70 here. He is in the presidency of West Africa and is so filled with the gospel, it's infectious.
![]() |
| Devotional with Elder Martinez (photo from the MTC) |
Also, the French ramped up. We should be learning about 100 words every day. Crazy, but I'm trying my best to keep up.
Also went to a conducting workshop with Sister Martinez. I was one of the only Elders there. The rest were Sisters. At the very end, she told all the missionaries to ask Elder Roth any questions because he seems like he knows music. I've told him about what I did back home and so I thought it was so funny and he thought it was too.
WEDNESDAY
We fasted again as a district and so instead of going to meals we stayed in the classroom and studied. Bad idea. 10 hours in the classroom. Straight French too. It got very tiresome, but dinner was very appreciated. Also Alma 26:12. New Fav scripture.
THURSDAY
I got a haircut today. It's not bad. and I like it a lot.
| New Haircut! |
It's starting to feel like home here because of the Spirit.
Every time I feel nervous or anxious about the mission and living conditions, I think about how I'm loving the people. It's not about me. I'm here to serve this people and love them. That's why I'm learning French and doing this. And because I love the Lord, I love the people.
Elder Brooks
More pictures from Sister Allen (wife of the MTC President)
| Elders Roth, Brooks, and Ta'ai |
![]() |
| Elder Roth and Brooks |
| Dinner Time |
Notes from our video call this morning:
Next Wednesday the Elders get to go out into Accra and do some contacting on the street.
"This isn't Africa" - meaning that the MTC is a pretty sheltered environment. Ghana reminds him of being in Hawaii.
There are three English branches and one French branch at the MTC. Next week they begin attending the French branch.
There is a Sister in his district whose last name is Jonah-Kalu.
The colored stickers on their nametags are:
Red - English speaking learning French
Yellow - English speaking learning English
Blue - French speaking learning French
Green - French speaking learning English




No comments:
Post a Comment